Acupuncture and More:
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture: Insertion of very fine needles into specific points on the body to adjust the flow of qi and correct physical or emotional imbalance.
- Japanese Acupuncture: Meridian Therapy and Manaka style treatments, two gentle acupuncture approaches suitable for sensitive people and children.
- Shonishin: Japanese Pediatric treatments for young children, starting at birth. Extremely gentle with no needle insertion.
- Acupressure: Similar to acupuncture, but points are stimulated without inserting needles.
- Moxibustion: Moxa (Chinese mugwort) is burned near the skin to warm areas of cold and help move blood and qi.
- Cupping: Small glass cups containing suction (reduced air pressure created by heat) are placed on the skin to increase blood flow.
- Guasha: Stimulating the flow of qi by rubbing on an area of the body with a blunt, round instrument
- Herbal Medicine: Traditional Chinese herbal medicine, prescribed as tea pills, whole raw herbs, or easy-to-prepare granules based on your needs.
- E-Stim/Electro-Acupuncture: a gentle electrical current is run through acupuncture needles. Great for injuries and giving labor a boost.
- Tuina: Traditional Chinese massage, performed on a clothed patient.
- Chi Nei Tsang: Chinese abdominal massage.
- Yoga: Instruction, referrals and coaching attuned to individual physical and emotional needs.
Located on Stone Way N. in Wallingford, on the edge of Fremont, Artemesia serves the greater Seattle community:
- Women: Support for all stages of life – menstrual, pregnancy, postpartum, peri and post menopause.
- Children: Gentle care for infants and children, addressing common issues such as colic, reflux, poor sleep, and frequent crying.
- Athletes: Techniques to maximize performance, decrease recovery time, and treat injury.
- All: Treatment for pain, injury, disease, anxiety, depression, grief, spiritual/emotional imbalance, addiction, general health and well-being
Read more about my treatment approach.